|Type||Topic||Plugin||Version||macOS||Windows||Linux||Console & Web||iOS|
|class||Alias||MBS MacClassic Plugin||5.0||Yes||No||No||Yes, macOS only||No|
// select an alias file. use TrueChild so it's not resolved
dim f as FolderItem = SpecialFolder.Desktop.TrueChild("Development")
// get alias info
dim a as AliasInfoMBS = f.AliasInfoMBS
// show info
MsgBox "alias points to "+a.TargetName+" in path "+a.PathString+" of volume "+a.VolumeName
Only for Mac OS X.
This is for resource fork based alias files.
Newer OS X version use the newer bookmark format, so please use CFBookmarkMBS module there.
- 18 properties
- property FileCreator as String
- property FilesystemID as Integer
- property FileType as String
- property Flags as Integer
- property IsDirectory as Boolean
- property LastError as Integer
- property NodeID as Integer
- property ParentDirID as Integer
- property PathString as String
- property Signature as Integer
- property TargetCreateDate as Double
- property TargetName as String
- property VolumeCreateDate as Double
- property VolumeHasPersistentFileIDs as Boolean
- property VolumeIsAutomounted as Boolean
- property VolumeIsBootVolume as Boolean
- property VolumeIsEjectable as Boolean
- property VolumeName as String
- 2 methods
- 2 shared methods
- 8 constants
File type and creator are valid.
FilesystemID and signature are valid.
ParentDirID and nodeID are valid.
IsDirectory boolean is valid.
No valid info.
Target creation date is valid.
Volume creation date is valid.
VolumeIsBootVolume, volumeIsAutomounted, volumeIsEjectable and volumeHasPersistentFileIDs are valid.
This class has no sub classes.
Some methods using this class:
Some examples which use this class:
The items on this page are in the following plugins: MBS MacClassic Plugin.
MBS FileMaker blog