|Type||Topic||Plugin||Version||macOS||Windows||Linux||Console & Web||iOS|
|class||AVFoundation||MBS AVFoundation Plugin||13.2||Yes||No||No||Yes, macOS only||No|
AVAssetReader lets you:
Read raw un-decoded media samples directly from storage, obtain samples decoded into renderable forms.
Mix multiple audio tracks of the asset and compose multiple video tracks (by using AVAssetReaderAudioMixOutput and AVAssetReaderVideoCompositionOutput).
AVAssetReader's pipelines are multithreaded internally. After you initiate reading with initWithAsset:error:, a reader loads and processes a reasonable amount of sample data ahead of use so that retrieval operations such as copyNextSampleBuffer (AVAssetReaderOutput) can have very low latency. Note, however, that AVAssetReader is not intended for use with real-time sources, and its performance is not guaranteed for real-time operations.
- 2 properties
- 9 methods
- method addOutput(output as AVAssetReaderOutputMBS)
- method asset as AVAssetMBS
- method canAddOutput(output as AVAssetReaderOutputMBS) as boolean
- method cancelReading
- method Constructor(item as AVAssetMBS, byref error as NSErrorMBS)
- method error as NSErrorMBS
- method outputs as AVAssetReaderOutputMBS()
- method startReading
- method status as Integer
- 2 shared methods
- 5 constants
Indicates that reading was cancelled using cancelReading.
Indicates that the reader has provided all available sample buffers to all of its outputs.
Indicates that reading failed.
Indicates that the reader is ready to provide more sample buffers to its outputs.
Indicates that startReading has not yet been invoked.
This class has no sub classes.
Some examples which use this class:
- /AVFoundation/Extract video frames
- /AVFoundation/Transcode batch
- /AVFoundation/Transcode parallel
The items on this page are in the following plugins: MBS AVFoundation Plugin.
MBS Xojo Chart Plugins