|Type||Topic||Plugin||Version||macOS||Windows||Linux||Console & Web||iOS|
|class||Catalog Search||MBS MacClassic Plugin||Yes||No||No||Yes, macOS only||No|
dim cs as new CatSearchMBS
if cs.Search(volume(0), true) then
// set search params
cs.Name = "REALbasic"
cs.PartialName = true
dim response as Integer
response = cs.SearchNext
if response = 0 then // still searching
if cs.Result<>nil then // did we find something?
if Listbox1.ListCount = 100 then
Return // stop after 100 entries
loop until response < 0
Depending on what and how you want to search, you can decide whether MDQueryMBS or CatSearchMBS is the better choice.
This class implements the PBCatSearch function of the Mac OS File Manager. This is a very fast routine to find specific types of files on a volume. The MacOS tool Sherlock (aka Find File) uses this function to its quick search on local volumes.
There are some restrictions to CatSearchMBS: Is it not supported on every volume! Whether it is supported or not depents on the File System format used on the Volume: HFS, HFS+ and most File Servers support it, while Floppy Disks, ISO 9660 and UDF formatted disks, used on some CDs and on most DVD-ROMs, might not support it.
This version of this plugin can now handle those cases where CatSearchMBS is not supported, too: If a volume does not support CatSearchMBS, you can choose to fall back to the classic recursive directory search, which is much slower, but gives you the same results.
(This new feature is achieved by using a C library called "MoreFiles", written by Jim Luther, one of Apple's File System "gurus".)
- 24 properties
- property BackupDateEnd as Integer
- property BackupDateStart as Integer
- property CreationDateEnd as Integer
- property CreationDateStart as Integer
- property creator as String
- property FileFlags as Integer
- property FileFlagsMask as Integer
- property FileType as String
- property LogicalDataForkSizeEnd as UInt64
- property LogicalDataForkSizeStart as UInt64
- property LogicalResForkSizeEnd as UInt64
- property LogicalResForkSizeStart as UInt64
- property ModificationDateEnd as Integer
- property ModificationDateStart as Integer
- property name as String
- property PartialName as boolean
- property PhysicalDataForkSizeEnd as UInt64
- property PhysicalDataForkSizeStart as UInt64
- property PhysicalResForkSizeEnd as UInt64
- property PhysicalResForkSizeStart as UInt64
- property ResponseTimeout as Integer
- property Result as folderitem
- property UsedCatSearchForLastSearch as Boolean
- property UseIndexedSearch as Boolean
- 3 methods
This class has no sub classes.
Some examples which use this class:
- /MacClassic/Catalog Search/CatSearch Demo
- /MacClassic/Catalog Search/Find RB apps
- /MacClassic/Catalog Search/Find stuff from today
- /MacClassic/Catalog Search/Findfile demo
- /MacClassic/Catalog Search/Findfile with Thread demo
- /MacClassic/Catalog Search/Findfile with Thread demo 2
The items on this page are in the following plugins: MBS MacClassic Plugin.
MBS Xojo tutorial videos