|Type||Topic||Plugin||Version||macOS||Windows||Linux||Console & Web||iOS|
|class||Bluetooth||MBS Bluetooth Plugin||18.1||Yes||No||No||Yes, macOS only||No|
Instances of the CBUUID class represent the 128-bit universally unique identifiers (UUIDs) of attributes used in Bluetooth low energy communication, such as a peripheral’s services, characteristics, and characteristic descriptors. This class provides a number of factory methods for dealing with long UUIDs when developing your app. For example, instead of passing around the string representation of a 128-bit Bluetooth low energy attribute in your code, you can create a CBUUID object that represents it, and pass that around instead.
Though not all UUIDs that identify Bluetooth-specific attributes are predefined by the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG), Bluetooth SIG has defined and published a number of commonly used UUIDs that have been shortened to 16-bits or 32-bits for convenience. The CBUUID class provides methods that automatically transform these predefined shorter UUIDs into their 128-bit equivalent UUIDs. When you create a CBUUID object from a predefined 16-bit or 32-bit UUID, Core Bluetooth pre-fills the rest of the 128-bit UUID with the Bluetooth base UUID, which is defined in the Bluetooth 4.0 specification, Volume 3, Part F, Section 3.2.1.
In addition to providing methods for creating CBUUID objects, this class defines constants that represent the UUIDs of the Bluetooth-defined characteristic descriptors, which are defined in the Bluetooth 4.0 specification, Volume 3, Part G, Section 3.3.3.
This is an abstract class. You can't create an instance, but you can get one from various plugin functions.
- 3 properties
- 4 methods
- 20 shared methods
- shared method Available as boolean
- shared method CBAdvertisementDataIsConnectable as String
- shared method CBAdvertisementDataLocalNameKey as String
- shared method CBAdvertisementDataManufacturerDataKey as String
- shared method CBAdvertisementDataOverflowServiceUUIDsKey as String
- shared method CBAdvertisementDataServiceDataKey as String
- shared method CBAdvertisementDataServiceUUIDsKey as String
- shared method CBAdvertisementDataSolicitedServiceUUIDsKey as String
- shared method CBAdvertisementDataTxPowerLevelKey as String
- shared method CBUUIDCharacteristicAggregateFormatString as String
- shared method CBUUIDCharacteristicExtendedPropertiesString as String
- shared method CBUUIDCharacteristicFormatString as String
- shared method CBUUIDCharacteristicUserDescriptionString as String
- shared method CBUUIDCharacteristicValidRangeString as String
- shared method CBUUIDClientCharacteristicConfigurationString as String
- shared method CBUUIDL2CAPPSMCharacteristicString as String
- shared method CBUUIDServerCharacteristicConfigurationString as String
- shared method UUIDWithData(mem as MemoryBlock) as CBUUIDMBS
- shared method UUIDWithNSUUID(uuid as NSUUIDMBS) as CBUUIDMBS
- shared method UUIDWithString(s as string) as CBUUIDMBS
This class has no sub classes.
Some methods using this class:
- CBCentralManagerMBS.retrieveConnectedPeripheralsWithServices(serviceUUIDs() as CBUUIDMBS) as CBPeripheralMBS()
- CBCentralManagerMBS.scanForPeripheralsWithServices(serviceUUIDs() as CBUUIDMBS = nil, options as Dictionary = nil)
- CBMutableCharacteristicMBS.Constructor(UUID as CBUUIDMBS, properties as Integer, value as MemoryBlock, permissions as Integer)
- CBMutableDescriptorMBS.Constructor(UUID as CBUUIDMBS, value as variant)
- CBMutableServiceMBS.Constructor(UUID as CBUUIDMBS, isPrimary as Boolean)
- CBPeripheralMBS.discoverCharacteristics(characteristicUUIDs() as CBUUIDMBS = nil, service as CBServiceMBS)
- CBPeripheralMBS.discoverIncludedServices(includedServiceUUIDs() as CBUUIDMBS = nil, service as CBServiceMBS)
- CBPeripheralMBS.discoverServices(serviceUUIDs() as CBUUIDMBS = nil)
Some properties using for this class:
- CBAttributeMBS.UUID as CBUUIDMBS
Some examples which use this class:
The items on this page are in the following plugins: MBS Bluetooth Plugin.
MBS Xojo Chart Plugins