|Type||Topic||Plugin||Version||macOS||Windows||Linux||Console & Web||iOS|
|class||CoreGraphics||MBS MacCG Plugin||14.2||Yes||No||No||Yes, macOS only||No|
The CGFontRef opaque type encapsulates font information. A font is a set of shapes or glyphs associated with a character set. A glyph can represent a single character (such as ‘b’), more than one character (such as the "ﬁ" ligature), or a special character such as a space. Quartz retrieves the glyphs for the font from ATS (Apple Type Services) and paints the glyphs based on the relevant parameters of the current graphics state.
Quartz provides a limited, low-level interface for drawing text. For information on text-drawing functions, see CGContext Reference. For full Unicode and text-layout support, use the services provided by Core Text or ATSUI).
- 13 properties
- property Ascent as Integer
- property CapHeight as Integer
- property Descent as Integer
- property FontBBox as CGRectMBS
- property FullName as String
- property Handle as Integer
- property ItalicAngle as Double
- property Leading as Integer
- property NumberOfGlyphs as UInt64
- property PostScriptName as String
- property StemV as Double
- property UnitsPerEm as Integer
- property XHeight as Integer
- 3 shared methods
- 6 constants
This is documented in Adobe Type 1 Font Format, which is available from http://partners.adobe.com/.
This is documented in PostScript Language Reference, 3rd edition, which is available from http://partners.adobe.com/.
This is documented in Adobe Technical Note 5012, The Type 42 Font Format Specification, which is available from http://partners.adobe.com/.
This class has no sub classes.
Some methods using this class:
- CGContextMBS.SetFont(font as CGFontMBS)
- CoreTextMBS.RegisterGraphicsFont(font as CGFontMBS, byref error as CFErrorMBS) as boolean
- CoreTextMBS.UnregisterGraphicsFont(font as CGFontMBS, byref error as CFErrorMBS) as boolean
- CTFontMBS.CreateWithGraphicsFont(graphicsFont as CGFontMBS, size as Double = 0.0, matrix as CGAffineTransformMBS = nil, attributeValues as CTFontDescriptorMBS = nil) as CTFontMBS
- CTFontMBS.GraphicsFont(byref fontAttributes as CTFontDescriptorMBS) as CGFontMBS
The items on this page are in the following plugins: MBS MacCG Plugin.
MBS FileMaker tutorial videos