|Type||Topic||Plugin||Version||macOS||Windows||Linux||Console & Web||iOS|
|class||AVFoundation||MBS AVFoundation Plugin||13.2||Yes||No||No||Yes, macOS only||No|
CMFormatDescriptions are immutable Core Foundation objects that describe media data of various types, including audio, video, and muxed media data. There are two types of API: media-type-agnostic APIs (supported by all CMFormatDescriptions) and media-type-specific APIs. The media-type-agnostic APIs are prefixed with CMFormatDescription, and the media-type-specific APIs are prefixed with CMAudioFormatDescription CMVideoFormatDescription, and so on.
This is an abstract class. You can't create an instance, but you can get one from various plugin functions.
- property Handle as Integer
- 6 methods
This class has no sub classes.
Some methods using this class:
- AVAssetTrackMBS.formatDescriptions as CMFormatDescriptionMBS()
- AVAssetWriterInputMBS.assetWriterInputWithMediaType(MediaType as string, outputSettings as dictionary, sourceFormatHint as CMFormatDescriptionMBS) as AVAssetWriterInputMBS
- AVAssetWriterInputMBS.Constructor(MediaType as string, outputSettings as dictionary, sourceFormatHint as CMFormatDescriptionMBS)
- AVAssetWriterInputMBS.sourceFormatHint as CMFormatDescriptionMBS
- AVCaptureDeviceFormatMBS.formatDescription as CMFormatDescriptionMBS
- AVCaptureInputPortMBS.formatDescription as CMFormatDescriptionMBS
Some properties using for this class:
- CMSampleBufferMBS.FormatDescription as CMFormatDescriptionMBS
Some examples which use this class:
The items on this page are in the following plugins: MBS AVFoundation Plugin.
MBS Xojo tutorial videos