|Type||Topic||Plugin||Version||macOS||Windows||Linux||Console & Web||iOS|
|class||Filemapping and Shared Memory||MBS Util Plugin||10.5||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
Notes: You can using file mapping with a 10 GB bit file. Your application has only 4 GB of address space and effectively you can only use 2 GB. So you can try to map in a few hundred mega bytes at a given time. But you can move this view on the large file to read the whole file. But remember: File mapping is only efficient if you read a little data form the file and jump a lot. For reading the whole file, use a binarystream.
- 5 properties
- 2 methods
This class has no sub classes.
Some methods using this class:
- FileMappingMBS.MapView(mem as MemoryBlock, offset as Int64, Size as Int32) as FileMappingViewMBS
- FileMappingMBS.MapView(offset as Int64, Size as Int32) as FileMappingViewMBS
Some examples which use this class:
- /Util/Filemapping/Filemapping Example
- /Util/Filemapping/Huge Temp Storage
- /Util/Filemapping/Shared Memory Client
- /Util/Filemapping/Shared Memory Server
The items on this page are in the following plugins: MBS Util Plugin.
MBS Xojo PDF Plugins