|Type||Topic||Plugin||Version||macOS||Windows||Linux||Console & Web||iOS|
|class||Notifications||MBS DataTypes Plugin||10.4||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
dim n as new NotificationMBS("DatabaseChangedNotification")
The point of notifications is to inform some other part of your application about something. For example a chart updating if the user enters data in textfields.
So you register for notifications in existing classes/windows with the NotificationReceiverMBS interface. Or you create a subclass of the NotificationObserverMBS class to receive notifications
All notifications are delivered on the same thread as the send method. If needed we could have an asyncron notification system. Please email for that.
NSNotification: Notifications send from the Cocoa frameworks within your application over NSNotificationCenterMBS class or send across all applications with NSDistributedNotificationCenterMBS.
MacNotificationMBS: A notification message to the user which may have a sound, a message box and/or a jumping dock icon.
- 3 properties
- 3 methods
- 6 shared methods
- shared method RegisterReceiver(target as NotificationReceiverMBS, name as string = "", ref as Variant = nil)
- shared method Send(name as string, ref as object = nil, tag as Variant = nil)
- shared method Send(notification as NotificationMBS)
- shared method SendDelayed(name as string, ref as object = nil, tag as Variant = nil)
- shared method SendDelayed(notification as NotificationMBS)
- shared method UnregisterReceiver(target as NotificationReceiverMBS)
This class has no sub classes.
Some methods using this class:
- NotificationReceiverMBS.ReceivedNotification(name as string, ref as Variant, tag as Variant, notification as NotificationMBS)
Some events for this class:
- NotificationObserverMBS.ReceivedNotification(name as string, ref as Variant, tag as Variant, notification as NotificationMBS)
Some examples which use this class:
The items on this page are in the following plugins: MBS DataTypes Plugin.
MBS FileMaker tutorial videos