|Type||Topic||Plugin||Version||macOS||Windows||Linux||Console & Web||iOS|
|class||Cocoa||MBS MacBase Plugin||9.6||Yes||No||No||Yes, macOS only||No|
An application may use an NSScreen object to retrieve information about a screen and use this information to decide what to display upon that screen. For example, an application may use the deepestScreen method to find out which of the available screens can best represent color and then may choose to display all of its windows on that screen.
The application object should be created before you use the methods in this class, so that the application object can make the necessary connection to the window system. You can make sure the application object exists by invoking the sharedApplication method of NSApplication. If you created your application with Xcode, the application object is automatically created for you during initialization.
This is an abstract class. You can't create an instance, but you can get one from various plugin functions.
- property Handle as Integer
- 12 methods
- method backingAlignedRect(r as NSRectMBS, options as UInt64) as NSRectMBS
- method backingScaleFactor as Double
- method colorSpace as Variant
- method Constructor
- method convertRectFromBacking(r as NSRectMBS) as NSRectMBS
- method convertRectToBacking(r as NSRectMBS) as NSRectMBS
- method depth as Integer
- method deviceDescription as dictionary
- method frame as NSRectMBS
- method supportedWindowDepths as Integer()
- method userSpaceScaleFactor as Double
- method visibleFrame as NSRectMBS
- 6 shared methods
This class has no sub classes.
Some methods using this class:
- NSWorkspaceMBS.desktopImageOptionsForScreen(screen as NSScreenMBS) as dictionary
- NSWorkspaceMBS.desktopImageURLForScreen(screen as NSScreenMBS) as folderitem
- NSWorkspaceMBS.setDesktopImageURL(file as folderitem, screen as NSScreenMBS, options as dictionary, byref error as NSErrorMBS) as boolean
- QLPreviewPanelMBS.enterFullScreenMode(screen as NSScreenMBS)
Some properties using for this class:
Some examples which use this class:
- /Images/LCMS2/Query Display Profile
- /MacCG/Mac ColorSpace tests
- /MacCocoa/Window Colorspace
- /MacControls/Draw full red on screen
The items on this page are in the following plugins: MBS MacBase Plugin.
MBS FileMaker blog