|Type||Topic||Plugin||Version||macOS||Windows||Linux||Console & Web||iOS|
|class||RAMStream||MBS Util Plugin||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
If you need to concat lot's of streams, just make a RAMstream and write to it.
In the example folder is a project called "test ramstream speed" which tests the speed on concating 10000 strings which each 1000 bytes in length.
On my G4 Dual 1000 Mhz, I get this result:
String only: 22063 ticks
RAMStream: 18 ticks
- 6 properties
- 17 methods
- method close
- method Constructor(InitialSize as Integer=0)
- method Look(count as Integer) as string
- method LookBlock(count as Integer) as memoryblock
- method LookByte as Integer
- method LookLong as Integer
- method LookShort as Integer
- method Read(count as Integer) as string
- method ReadBlock(count as Integer) as memoryblock
- method Readbyte as Integer
- method ReadLong as Integer
- method ReadShort as Integer
- method Write(data as string)
- method WriteBlock(data as memoryblock,count as Integer)
- method WriteByte(data as Integer)
- method WriteLong(data as Integer)
- method WriteShort(data as Integer)
This class has no sub classes.
Some useful global functions for this class:
- CreateRamStreamMBS(InitialSize as Integer = 0) as RamStreamMBS
Some examples which use this class:
The items on this page are in the following plugins: MBS Util Plugin.
MBS Xojo blog