|Type||Topic||Plugin||Version||macOS||Windows||Linux||Console & Web||iOS|
|class||Registration||MBS Util Plugin||9.5||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
dim r as new RegistrationEngineMBS
MsgBox r.Calc // shows: ICYR-RES4-UXQ1
If you want to add serial numbers to your application, you can use this class to write yourself a serial number generator application.
You can later in your application use this class to verify the serial number.
You may want to design your application that the serial number is written to your preferences file so you can verify it every time your application is launched. But if you do this, also save some computer related value there so you can avoid people cloning the system. For example the MAC ID, the user name, the systemfolder creation date. This way you detect whenever a preferences file is copied to another machine.
For generate and later verify serial numbers the setup of the class must match. So carefully check how your serial number should look like. A format like "MA-1234-5678-9012-V1" can be good. Use a prefix and suffix so make serial numbers from different products and different major versions look different. 12 letters are normally enough for a serial number. Especially if you use alpha numeric characters. You can of course change the alphabet string and use lower case letters.
- 11 properties
- property Alphabet as String
- property BlockLength as Integer
- property Delimiter as String
- property Mode as Integer
- property NumberLength as Integer
- property Platform as Integer
- property PlatformSpecificKeys as Boolean
- property Prefix as String
- property Seed as Integer
- property Suffix as String
- property Field(index as Integer) as string
- 2 methods
This class has no sub classes.
Some examples which use this class:
- MonkeyBread Software Releases the MBS Xojo Plugins in version 17.4
- MBS Xojo Plugins, version 17.4pr4
- Handllng Sales and Serial Numbers
- MBS Real Studio Plugins, version 11.1pr11
The items on this page are in the following plugins: MBS Util Plugin.
MBS Xojo PDF Plugins