|Type||Topic||Plugin||Version||macOS||Windows||Linux||Console & Web||iOS|
|class||Wordfile||MBS XL Plugin||15.4||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
dim f as FolderItem = GetFolderItem("test.docx")
dim b as BinaryStream = BinaryStream.Open(f)
dim d as string = b.Read(b.Length)
dim w as WordFileMBS = WordFileMBS.OpenData(d)
if w.ReplaceTag("FirstName", "Peter") then
if w.ReplaceTag("LastName", "Miller") then
f = GetFolderItem("output.docx")
if w.WriteFile(f) then
This is a class for reading word files and replacing text to customize document files.
Works for xml and docx files. Does not support old doc file format.
Please report document files where plugin corrupted file or failed to replace text.
This is an abstract class. You can't create an instance, but you can get one from various plugin functions.
- 7 properties
- 14 methods
- method Append(other as WordFileMBS) as Boolean
- method AppendTableRow(tag as string) as Integer
- method Constructor
- method DuplicateTableRow(tag as string) as Integer
- method FieldNames as String()
- method GetFieldText(fieldName as string, byref text as String) as boolean
- method HasTag(tag as string) as boolean
- method MediaFiles as String()
- method Parts as String()
- method RemoveTableRow(tag as string) as Integer
- method ReplaceTag(tag as string, text as string = "", All as boolean = false) as boolean
- method SetFieldText(fieldName as string, text as String) as boolean
- method SetMarkers(openMarker as String, closeMarker as String) as boolean
- method WriteFile(path as folderItem) as boolean
- 3 shared methods
This class has no sub classes.
Some examples which use this class:
The items on this page are in the following plugins: MBS XL Plugin.
MBS FileMaker tutorial videos