|Type||Topic||Plugin||Version||macOS||Windows||Linux||Console & Web||iOS|
|class||XMP||MBS XMP Plugin||9.4||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
The Adobe XMP Toolkit's file handling component, XMPFiles, is a front end to a set of format-specific file handlers that support file I/O for XMP. The file handlers implement smart, efficient support for those file formats for which the means to embed XMP is defined in the XMP Specification. Where possible, this support allows:
|* Injection||of XMP where none currently exists|
- Expansion of XMP without regard to existing padding
- Reconciliation of the XMP and other legacy forms of metadata.
TXMPFiles is designed for use by clients interested in the metadata and not in the primary file content; the Adobe Bridge application is a typical example. TXMPFiles is not intended to be appropriate for files authored by an application; that is, those files for which the application has explicit knowledge of the file format.
Supported file formats:
PDF, PostScript, EPS, JPEG, JPEG2K, TIFF, GIF, PNG, SWF, FLA, FLV, MOV, AVI, CIN, WAV, MP3, SES, CEL, MPEG, MPEG2, MPEG4, WMAV, AIFF, P2, XDCAM_FAM, XDCAM_SAM, XDCAM_EX, AVCHD, SonyHDV, HTML, XML, Text, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, AEProject, AEProjTemplate, AEFilterPreset, EncoreProject, PremiereProject, PremiereTitle and UCF.
Based on the XMP-Toolkit-SDK from Adobe.
This constructor crashes on Linux with 14.0 plugins and Xojo 2011r1 and 2011r3. Some change in 2011r4 makes it work, so up to Xojo 2014 we don't see the crash.
- event Abort as boolean
- 12 methods
- method CanPutXMP(xmpPacket as string) as boolean
- method CanPutXMP(xmpPacket as XMPMetaMBS) as boolean
- method CloseFile(closeFlags as Integer)
- method Constructor
- method Constructor(path as folderitem, format as Integer=&h20202020, OpenFlags as Integer=0)
- method Constructor(path as string, format as Integer=&h20202020, OpenFlags as Integer=0)
- method GetFileInfo(byref path as string, byref openFlags as UInt32, byref format as UInt32, byref handlerFlags as UInt32) as boolean
- method GetXMP(byref xmp as XMPMetaMBS, byref xmppacket as string, byref PacketInfo as XMPPacketInfoMBS) as boolean
- method OpenFile(path as folderitem, format as Integer=&h20202020, OpenFlags as Integer=0) as boolean
- method OpenFile(path as string, format as Integer=&h20202020, OpenFlags as Integer=0) as boolean
- method PutXMP(xmpPacket as string)
- method PutXMP(xmpPacket as XMPMetaMBS)
- 4 shared methods
- 81 constants
This class has no sub classes.
Some examples which use this class:
- Tip of the day: Change EXIF metadata
- MBS Real Studio Plugins, version 11.2pr9
- MBS Real Studio Plugins, version 11.2pr3
- MBS REALbasic Plugins, version 10.5pr5
The items on this page are in the following plugins: MBS XMP Plugin.
MBS Xojo tutorial videos