The module DictionaryServiceMBSmodule DictionaryServiceMBS
|Type||Topic||Plugin||Version||macOS||Windows||Linux||Console & Web||iOS|
|module||Cocoa||MBS MacFrameworks Plugin||7.7||Yes||No||No||Yes, macOS only||No|
Dictionary Services provides functions that let you access dictionaries programmatically from within your application.
A dictionary is any look-up reference that is built using the Dictionary Development Kit. The contents of a dictionary can serve many purposes. The most typical use is to provide definitions for a single language, but you can create content for a thesaurus, bilingual dictionaries (such as English-Japanese), in-house glossaries, and professional dictionaries (such as legal, medical, and technical).
Available in Mac OS X v10.5 and later.
- method GetTermRangeInString(text as string, offset as Integer=0) as boolean
- method RangeLength as Integer
- method RangePosition as Integer
- method Show(text as string, start as Integer = 0, length as Integer = 0, textOriginX as Double = 0, textOriginY as Double = 0) as boolean
- method TextDefinition(text as string, position as Integer=0, length as Integer=0) as string
Some examples which use this module:
The items on this page are in the following plugins: MBS MacFrameworks Plugin.
MBS FileMaker blog